Steps to Create a Session Using exam.tools
- Log in to exam.tools
- Click Manage Sessions
- If approved to add a session by the VEC you will see the Add New button
- Then add the Event Name – include session #, VEC Name (GLAARG), and the word “Remote”
- VEC that the exam is run under GLAARG (Greater L.A. Amateur Radio Group)
- Session Type (In-person or Remote)
- Time Zone (EDT, CDT, MDT, PDT)
- Date and Time
- Maximum Number of Applicants (anything less than 1 means unlimited. Note that subsequent editing of a session might return this to zero.
- Duration in minutes – exams take 1/2 hour to 1 hour
- Fee amount – this is what the examinee pays – you can expense any handling fees, like PayPal. The Session owner collects the fees and submits them, minus actual expenses, to the VEC.
- ExamTools Features Desired – choose Schedule, Registration and Exams, or you can just schedule your session without allowing registration and come back later to change the features to include Registration (and Exams) to open the session. Only choose Exams if you intend to have ExamTools administer the exams.
- Click Pre-registration Required
- How to use Do not list on Hamstudy.org button (if you want to invite the people that you want to sign up and not have your session listed):
First create the session without checking that box. Then go to hamstudy.org, find the session, and right-click the session title, and copy that link address. Save that URL to invite examinees to your session. Now go back to the session, edit it and check the box. Now the session will not be listed, but you can send a link to allow someone to register for the session.
- Add the exam instructions in Notes – you can use Markdown to generate bold, italics, titles, lists and more – see this link to find out how to do this https://www.markdownguide.org/cheat-sheet/