GLAARG Remote Exam FAQs
Recent video by Marcel Stieber AI6MS: Fully-Remote Amateur Radio Exam Administration – Slides – Video
Instructions to examinees are here
- Registration for a specific session, on a particular day, returns a PIN that is uniquely associated with the applicant, and is just for just that session.
- If a session is full, you can try checking back later in case someone cancels. We do not have a wait list. We have no way to move you from one session to another. If you register and miss your session, you’ll have to register for another session and get a new PIN.
After you register:
- A day or two before the exam, we will email you a link to the Zoom Session.
- We will send you instructions for paying the exam fee. If you don’t receive instructions by the night before the exam, please email the Session Owner.
- Please check your SPAM folder.
- The remote exams are scheduled for a range of times, and no one has a reservation for a specific time. The time of the session might say 10am, but look at the range of times for the session. Most sessions run an hour or more.
- You will have to open a browser to take the exam – we’ve found that Chrome browsers work best on a PC, Mac or Linux. We’ve found some tablets work, but some do not.